Friday 22 June 2012

[Flash Fic Friday] Andreas and Taye


Taye sat on the bench in the locker room and focused on his wraps. He wasn't about to get into another argument with Andreas.  They had one a day it seemed lately and quite frankly he was getting really tired of them.

"Did you hear me?" Andreas questioned.

Taye pushed some air out his mouth and gave the end of the wrap and healthy tug. "I fucking heard you. Why is it the same shit with you over and over?"

"Because you always sit there with that same look on your face!" Andreas snapped. "I have no idea what's the matter with you. Lately you've been acting like I pissed in your bloody coffee or some shit..."

Taye jerked from his seat and slammed his locker so hard, Andreas snapped up even though his angry blue eyes never left Taye.

"That's precisely what I'm talking about!" Taye said. His voice was cooler than he ever remembered it.  He ignored the wrap on his hand for a moment and locked eyes with Andreas. "You bring this shit up right before one of my fights--always. It never ends with you! If its not one drama its another! I can't take this. You're messing with my game now."

"What are you trying to say?"

Taye, grabbed his water bottle and kicked his runners under the bench.  Snapping the lock close on his locker, he turned to give Andreas one final look. "You're the genius--you figure it out."

He left Andreas standing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment